Thursday 22 May 2008

Who's counting..?


Did you notice people in day-glow counting today? I had a guarded chat with two of them at Canal Road this evening - it went something like this...

Me: Excuse me - do you mind if I ask what you are doing?
Them: Counting traffic...
Me: Who asked you to do this?
Them: Dunno a private company...
Me: Who do you work for then?
Them: A private company...
Me: And they are?
Them: Not allowed to say...
Me: Don't you find counting cars a little odd?
Them: It might be something to do with this roundabout.
Me: So why are people counting at places all over the village?
Them: Might be something to do with this eco village?
Me: Do you mind if I take your picture?
Them: No...
Them: Can we ask why you are taking our picture?
Me: I just want to share it...  With some friends...
Me: Thanks - have a nice evening.

[[ UPDATE ]] There has been quite a lot of this going on in Sussex over the last few weeks - so I wouldn't worry too much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could do with a job like that. I can count & i like sitting down. ( i could be a spy in the camp too;0) ). Now i wonder why they needed to do it….umm??? surely they’ve done this sort of traffic evaluation by now!!! I thought it was a professional outfit …..;0)